Sunday, October 18, 2009

Visual Litterature

One of my favorite books is Steinbeck's, East of Eden. I would recommend it to anyone. It was recommended to me by my father, and I am forever indebted to him for this fantastic suggestion. Steinbeck describes the character in such detail. Cathy/ later in the novel, Kate, was one of the more interesting individuals. The time took to describe her was noticeably long than any of the others.

I was watching TV and it was a season of cycle 10 America's Next Top Model. I had never seen this cycle, since I don't watch the television all to often. They panned over the entire crew of possibles and hopefuls, and I had to double take. Kate, the image of Kate, that I had created of my own design in my head, was on TV. I was so caught of guard by this. They zoomed in on her, it was undoubtedly the sadist child I had read about it.

This had never happened before. I have never seen some one that I made in my consciousness in real life before. I was baffled. I couldn't figure out if, I could have possibly seen this girl before I read the book, and I just picked her out of obscurity and made her my Kate. But I did do a little sleuthing on the World Wide Web, and found some pictures. If you have read the book, tell me you see it to.


Allison Harvard, eerie right?

No comments:

Post a Comment