Monday, July 27, 2009

Man of the Hour

Gustav Klimt is momentarily the man of the hour.
Mother and I played the "Memory" game when I was a wee lass. Ya know the kind where all the tiles or cards are flipped over and you have to find the match, who ever has the most matches win? Remember? Well, I had that game but only in "Old Masters and Influence Art." One of them was "Adele Bloch-Bauer I" by Klimt. The whole gang was involved though, I think 50 artist were featured, it was wonderful, I miss it.
Anyways, I watched a documentary 2 nights ago and he had a small spot in it while they talked about his Ceilings he did on Philosophy for the University of Vienna. I was smitten by them.

“Philosophy”

"Jurisprudence"

"Medicine"

"Adele Bloch-Bauer I"

From his Femme Fatal series "Judith I"

"Tragodie"

The man himself, Gustav.

No comments:

Post a Comment